Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Repurposing an old sweater


I am not a fan of cowl neck sweaters, so when I received this one as a gift it just sat in my closet unworn. (although it is a pretty sweater)
I've seen a lot of patterns on Pinterest for ways to turn these sweaters into other items: mittens, cardigans, skirts, purses, and I figured this one would be perfect for just that.
I decided to make a pair of leg warmers, a hat, and a cowl.



I cut the sweater for the pieces I needed and immediately zig-zag stitched the edges to stop it from fraying 


I then turned those edges under, to hide the zig-zag, and hand hemmed the edge with yarn. For the hat I singe crocheted around the edge and then cinched it closed.

leg warmers, cowl, and hat


leg warmer from the sleeve of the sweater.


cap made from the cowl neck of the sweater
All complete and I think they came out pretty good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Carrot